Should you discover your home has been affected by water whether from flooding or some accident, the faster you take action, the better your chances of restoring your home to its former condition. However, you need to take precautions.
When it comes to water damage restoration, Sydney’s Water Damage Specialist offers a round the clock service. Call us at the first sign of trouble. While you’re waiting for the experts to arrive, here are some precautions you should take both for your own safety and to maximise the chances of fully restoring your carpets and other possessions.
- Under no circumstances should you try to use your home vacuum on your wet carpets. Other than the real risk of eclectic shock, this can severely damage the machine itself. A wet vac is probably OK but it’s better to wait for the professionals to arrive.
- Don’t use print items such as newspapers or magazines to try to mop up the moisture on the carpets. The ink can transfer onto the carpets and add to problems with staining and browning.
- Avoid walking on your wet carpets unless absolutely necessary. Wet carpets are easily damaged so need to be treated carefully.
- If your home has been affected by contaminated water from toilets or sewage pipes, avoid touching anything with your bare hands. Wash your hands thoroughly outside after doing anything in your home. Dispose of any foodstuffs or personal hygiene items that might have been in the affected area.
- Try to avoid staying in the property if you have an alternative. Damp environments are extremely unhealthy especially to the young, the old, and those with certain serious health conditions.
- Be careful about turning on your air conditioner or HVAC system as it may help spread contamination.
Your expert team should be on site very fast and will check for any hazards, start work on minimising any further possible damage, and begin work on drying out your home and restoring your belongings.
Whenever you need quality water damage restoration, Sydney based Water Damage Specialist is available 24 hours a day. Call us on 1300 762 012 anytime.